28 January, 2015

It's been far too long... time to revive the dogsfirebeer blog!

I miss writing about nature.  I miss sharing my passion with the world.  But most of all... I miss wandering in the woods.  For the last few years my forest wanderings have been mostly limited to trail runs on the weekends....which are fun, but not quite the same as my former forest jaunts.  John Muir suggested that people should not hike, but rather saunter through the mountains.  Muir noted that the word saunter was derived from the pilgrimages to the holy lands in the Middle Ages.  "A la sainte terre" means "to the holy land".  These pilgrims were knowns as sainte-terre-ers or saunterers.  I miss being a saunterer in the woods.  I aim to get back to my old sauntering ways.  Soon.  With pictures.  And anecdotes.  I will make this happen!  

For now, here's a picture of me after one of my trail runs at Kennesaw Mountain.  A place at which I love running, and I hope to one day saunter :)


No comments: